One of my earliest childhood memories with books is using small flowers and leaves instead of a bookmark to mark the page where I stopped reading. And as children do, I forget that I wanted to finish a book as I got distracted with school and playing games with other kids.
| Paper and flowers | Photo by Allie Feeley on Unsplash |
It's such a beautiful memory I wish I could do it again just because.
I have a lot of bookmarks now - different styles and designs, all pretty and some even elegant. Some more functional and some cute and colorful. They are also more durable and will help preserve the paper so I use them, especially on my favorite books.
But for old books that you want to use for crafting, for a scrapbook or art journaling, then try using them to create pressed flowers. Afterwards, you can take out the pressed flowers and frame them as decor. You can also use some of the pages from the old book as background.
You can print a copy of a favorite poem or quote or even a short, personal letter, and frame it together with the pressed flower. This would be a nice, personal gift to a romantic friend, or a family member who loves art. They will surely love your effort and of course, appreciate the result.
You can also use pressed flowers as an accessory to an elegant invitation. I have seen this done on wedding invitations with a pressed flower as part of the ribbon to secure the envelope or as an accent to the invitation itself.
Why not normalize such a pretty way to package invitations and even gifts? We can use it on birthdays, Valentines Day, anniversaries, and many more. You can do this for a handwritten letter or a gift that you deliver yourself. I think such a gesture would be quite romantic.
I will definitely find a chance to create this pretty art again. 💝
No comments:
Post a Comment